Architect - Mid/Senior
TFQ Architects are looking to employ an experienced architect in a full-time, permanent position to help lead projects. The ideal candidate will have experience in the residential sector, with educational experience being highly beneficial. The role will involve working through all stages of the RIBA Plan of Work, liaising with clients, contractors, consultants etc. and leading projects from start to completion. The practice has vast experience within the residential and educational sectors, occasionally working on commercial and healthcare projects, creating a range of interesting projects across the South-West.
TFQ is looking for someone with the enthusiasm and drive to further their career, to lead a design team and help guide the practice through a difficult pandemic.
An exciting opportunity to really make your mark within one of the leading practices in the South West of the UK.
If you think you're the perfect fit, please email us with your CV and any supporting documents to:
-Leading the internal multi-discipline design team and ensuring that every member of the team buys into the vision of the practice.
-Identifying gaps in project programmes, and bringing in high end new business to maintain the practice’s workload, and converting leads into projects.
-Providing high level oversight and experience to guide and develop the design team.
-Providing support, development, assistance and advice to the design team.
-Proactively developing high quality spatial, architectural and operational designs both independently and within the studio to meet the vision of the practice and client’s brief.
-Identifying risks in projects for both the practice and the client.
-Managing and fostering strong relationships with consultants and contractor teams.
-Continuously looking for and actioning opportunities to increase efficiencies and improvements in operational and design terms across the practice.
-Committing to the continual development of skills through CPD and training [as identified in reviews].
-Promoting the highest possible image of the practice in line with company vision through all spoken, written and drawn information.
· At least 5 - 10 years post qualification experience at Project Architect
· Willing to make a long term contribution to the successful growth of the practice.
· Confident and ambitious.
· Organised and proficient use of AutoCAD software.
· Thorough technical detailing skills.
· Excellent understanding of UK consents and regulations.
· Exceptional spoken, written and drawing (both hand and CAD) communication skills.
· Natural on-site problem solving abilities.
· Ability to inspire others to deliver the creative vision of the practice.
· Natural ability to lead and manage teams.
· Ability to produce final construction level resolution of information.
· Excellent attention to design detail.
· Use of SketchUp would be advantageous
· Use of Adobe Creative Suite software for design presentations